In Year 1/2 the children are encouraged to be confident independent learners. We aim to develop a ‘can do’ attitude and continue to develop resilience. Every child is asked to try their best and show a growth mindset when undertaking challenges.
English and maths lessons focus on developing key skills through a variety of practical games and written activities.
- The book we are studying this half term in English is The Bog Baby By Jeanne Willis.
- Our theme this half term is ‘The Place Where I Live’. We will be finding out about the where we live and the local area. We will learn about what our area was like in the past and what it was like for children. In science we will be learning about seasonal changes and in art we will be using different materials and techniques to create drawings and rubbings.
We are sure you will enjoy hearing all about the theme we will be exploring each half term. Trips and visitors will be organised throughout the year.
Please do follow our twitter page @Coppullprimary to see pictures of what Elm Class get up to!
- PE: Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure a full PE kit is in school every day.
- Homework is issued every Friday, to be returned on Wednesdays. Maths activities will be set on https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Spelling issued on Monday to be tested the following Monday,
- Toast is £1 per week ad payable on a Monday
Please try to listen to your child read as often as possible at home. Just 5 minutes a day can make a huge difference to their confidence and ability.
You may find the following website useful to support your child’s learning at home:
If you have any concerns or worries, please do not hesitate to come and speak to us before or after school.
Miss Wigglesworth and Miss Higham