Welcome to Year 1/2
Welcome to our class page, our class teacher is Miss Ogden and our teaching assistant is Mrs Arends. In year 1/2 the children are encouraged to be confident independent learners and we aim to develop a ‘can do’ attitude and continue to develop resilience.
This half term our topic is ‘Fire Fire’ and the children will be finding out about Guy Fawkes and the Great Fire of London. English and maths lessons focus learning and developing key skills through a variety of practical and written activities. More information about expectations for year 1 and 2 can be found by following
- The children will have homework set on www.activelearnprimary.co.uk each Friday and will be given a piece of English homework fortnightly.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and our spelling test is the following Friday.
- Please listen to your child read their reading book each day and ensure it is brought into school in their book bag daily. The attached leaflet is helpful for tips and prompts.
- PE is on a Monday and Wednesday. Please ensure all earrings are removed on these days.
- Toast is £1 per week and payable on a Monday.
You may find the following websites useful to support your child’s learning at home:
We have an open door policy if you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to speak to me.