Coppull Primary School and Nursery: School Council.
Our School Council represents the voice of the children with school. Each year voting takes place for the children in KS1 and KS2 who have campaigned to be elected to the School Council. The council meet regularly to discuss a wide variety of school issues. They feedback to classes and listen to the views of the children. Ideas are then brought back to the main school council meetings to be discussed.
What do the School Council do?
The School Council takes part in lots of activities including:
· Listening to the views, ideas and concerns of other children
· Bringing these concerns to School Council meetings
· Acting upon the requests of staff and children to improve our school
· Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions
· Being part of the interviewing process for new staff
· Working with Eco-Warriors to improve outside areas
· Supporting fundraising activities for Coppull Primary School and Nursery
· Representing the school at events
Our School Council members are currently working on making improvements to our small yard. The children have decided that they would like to have a reading area and a creative area where they can enjoy more structured activities during break times.
The children would also like to work in a closer capacity with the Sports Leaders to introduce more sporting activities at break times.